Timber-framing is a very old method of creating framed structures of heavy timber fastened together with various joints. Although this type of construction has been around for a long time, timber-frame homes have experienced a growth in popularity in the past 40 years as the demand for quality and unique housing continues to rise.
With the ability to mass produce materials and, therefore, allow for the creation of timber structures and other materials off-site, timing for this type of construction has been drastically reduced.
- When erecting timber-frame homes, the frames can be erected, and are watertight, even in poor weather conditions.
- Construction is able to continue despite the weather.
- Cracking of plasterboard is eliminated, because timber-frame is a dry construction.
- Panels are made in a controlled, factory environment accurately to specifications.
- Wires and pipes are easily concealed which results in a neater finish; services such as wiring, piping, etc., can easily be accommodated in the floor zone.
If you are interested in a timber-frame home, Batch Building & Remodeling is the builder to call. Batch Building has the skill and expertise to construct your new timber-frame home. Contact Tuck at Batch Building & Remodeling to discuss your timber-frame construction project today!